I'm not sure I had a particular favorite piece from the show, but I did prefer the ones that were projected horizontal as opposed to the ones projected from the ceiling. I don't have a shape that represented me, but I did like the curved lines. my shadow made an interesting impression on the image, but I was more focused on the "wall" of light and how my body affected it, and it my body. I felt like a ghost walking through a wall.
The family activities are meant for young elementary children to understand light and how it works. Taking this range of students to a gallery is defiantly worth taking students to if they can because it can be educational, and they can be engaged if the show is interactive.\
I'm not too sure how the closing of Albright will affect the art scene in buffalo. I was never alone there, but those who aren't into the arts don't seem to even know about the renovations, showing they don't go very often.
Expanding and modernizing the museum will be nice and hopefully draw some more attention and business to the art scene.
McCall's work is defiantly different and intersecting. Painting with light and playing with projections is something I have never seen before. I did enjoy how it was interactive, and the young kids I saw there seemed to be having fun dancing in the lights.
I believe art is a doorway to ones imagination. This means that you draw what you thing, you create the world in your mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment