I thought creating a portfolio website to demonstrate my artwork was a fun project. I had thought about making a website for it before, but never gathered the motivation to find out how. I'm glad we had this project to push me to create one.
Wix was fairly simple to use, however on my laptop it was a bit slow and glitchy. When seeing the final results it was refreshing to know I have a website, and see it functioning properly.
I do not like using InDesign. I feel that I could achieve the same thing using a word document with less the hassle and confusion.
My biggest challenge was figuring out the layout, and inserting my images. Most of my pictures are shot in Raw format, and I didn't have them all converted to jpegs, so downloading them to my phone and emailing them to myself is how I solved that problem, at the cost of some quality in the image.
I think my website is a very successful way of displaying my art publicly, and it is something I can constantly update when I make more work.
As I get closer to graduating I will defiantly have more work to display, and I may end up breaking the categories down into more subcategories to keep it more organized. My student work and teaching philosophy will probably need an upgrading too.
No comments:
Post a Comment