The artists interviewed in the article all speak of finding an equilibrium. They know when something goes right because it is in balance. Though they all are artists of different sorts, they all fear failure. But they know what works for them. Some dealt with failure in a more positive way however, instead of remaining scared, and letting that paralyze them, they went along with the failure, and made it a success.
I'm sure everyone can relate to the fear of failure. Everyone want's to do the best they can, and doesn't want to disappoint anyone. I personally agree with Toni Morrison, with getting up early. I feel most productive in the morning, though I am tired and groggy, it is better for me because I'm not as rushed, and its the kind of tired that passes with time, and I know there is nothing else for me to do, where as at night, its the kind of tired that only gets worse, and all I want to do is finish my work and go to sleep.
It is defiantly important to take risks in your work, because that is how you discover new methods. Sometimes those risks don't work out, but then you know that for later. Dissect the problem, find out where it went wrong, and learn from that to do it better next time.
As stated before, everyone fears failure, and learns from it differently. It has defiantly made me hesitant on certain projects, but as a teacher, I would ask the students to take the risk, if it doesn't work out, tell me why, and what you learned from it. They won't learn if they don't experience the failure themselves. Sure you can tell them, but chances are they won't remember the consequences until it happens to them.
No comments:
Post a Comment